Requirements & Guidelines
The Foundation actively supports programs that meet the needs of economically disadvantaged populations. Proposals that incorporate partnerships with community groups and local organizations are encouraged.
Requirements for Potential Grantees
- To apply for a Cruise Industry Charitable Foundation ("CICF" or "Foundation") grant, a formal grant application shall be submitted to the Foundation which includes a basic description of the organization and its mission, the purpose of the grant and timetable for program implementation, the amount of funding requested, financial information including project budget and the organization's annual budget, and the expected program results. Use Grant Application Form to apply.
PDF Download for Grant Application Form
- Please submit all proposals by electronic submission to CICFrequest@cruising.org.
- Potential grantees must be public charities within the meaning of Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3). A current IRS letter determining Code Section 501(c)(3) public charity status must be attached to each grant application.
- Grant recipients may not use more than 10% of the grant for overhead costs or staff salaries; grants must be used for direct program cost or funding for specific programs or activities.
- Each grant recipient must submit a year end report to the Foundation summarizing the project or program results and specifying how the grant monies were applied.
- CICF grant applications are accepted throughout the calendar year. Grant submissions will be reviewed on a quarterly basis for final selection. The full review process may take up to six months.
- Charitable requests from the communities where the industry does business are given priority consideration. CICF limits grant donations to any single organization to a maximum of a three year commitment, in an effort to support as many worthy organizations as possible.
- Potential grantees must be from organizations that do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, ethnicity, national origin, or disability.
- Charitable requests will not be considered from individuals, fraternal organizations, religious organizations, political organizations, or organizations that conduct lobbying activity.
- No charitable grant received may be used to fund lobbying or political activity, either directly or indirectly.